This eight week course has been designed for ministry students who have a heart to see today’s youth radically met and impacted by the love of Jesus. Pulled from years of experience leading in youth ministry, this material is meant to catalyze a shift in your perception of youth culture and equip you to connect with and minister to the hearts of a new generation. In our time together, we will focus on the functions of youth ministry, highlighting specific topics like the role of a youth worker, teaching in youth, small groups, parent relationships, leading through change, basic graphic design, and creating culture.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a youth worker
- Evaluate the differences and connections between the generations and what these distinctions mean for the youth leader
- Develop a basic understanding of effective graphic design for social media content
- Understand how to develop a culture that wins
- Analyze and practice the fundamental aspects of teaching in youth ministry
- Understand, explain, and defend the importance of small groups
- Facilitating growth through parent relationships
Pastor James Fransz
James Fransz is the Next Generations Pastor at Centerpoint church in Murrieta, CA, where he is working to create a multi-generational ministry serving kids, youth, young adults, and their families as they navigate their Christian walk. Before leading the Next Gen ministry, James studied at Antioch Bible College in Temecula, CA and served as the youth pastor at Centerpoint for eight years. His work in youth ministry led to additional leadership opportunities as an inspiring speaker and published author, capitalizing on his passion for leadership, shaping culture, and leading people to Jesus.
James is married to Brooke, whom he met in 2009. They have a son together named Abel and their family lives in Murrieta, CA. When James is not at church he can be found riding his motorcycle, running with his dogs, or spending quality time with his growing family.