This course will lead you to discover the power of storytelling - both in the past and in the story you are telling now - and help you create the story you want to tell in and through your life, ministry, or future business endeavor. You will gain the confidence and clarity to see what the Lord has been doing in your life, and then choose to partner with Him in that creative process. Through biblical study, examination of and reflection on your life, and dreaming with the Lord for your future, the goal of this class is to equip you to tell the best story well.
- To recognize and understand the power of storytelling and its place in history and culture
- To understand the meta-narrative (the big-picture story) of the Bible and how it affects us
- To gain awareness of your own personal story and the work of the Lord in your own life in order to be able to communicate it clearly (1 Peter 3, “Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.”)
- To discover the storylines and roles that have shaped you
- To recognize the use of story in media and marketing and develop the skills to tell the story of what is in your heart (ministry, business, creative endeavor, etc.)
- To practice by telling the best story well through understanding, memorizing, and presenting scripture in various creative ways
- To help others tell their story well to the glory of God
Season is a pastor, radio host, author, speaker, wife, mom, and Joy Bringer! After spending over 30 years as a professional performer on the stage (from the time she could walk) the Lord called her into full-time ministry. Season is passionate about releasing freedom and joy to the glory of God. As a radio host, she can be heard on 102.5 The Vine in southern California, Joy 99.3 in West Michigan, and her daily Joy Bringer radio feature can be heard on radio stations all across the country.
Season has her Masters of Divinity from Bethel Seminary, and is the Pastor of Communications at Centerpoint Church in Murrieta CA. She dreams big and prays even bigger. With big faith, Season and her powerful husband Kris are always ready with a yes to whatever and wherever the Holy Spirit leads. While full of life and joy, she also is almost always full of iced tea.