Learn practical tools for preaching from biblically-grounded, well-prepared, and well-delivered sermons from an expository foundation. This course exposes students to both a broad genre of Christian preaching and a variety of methods and forms of biblical preaching. Students will study the theory of homiletics, including foundational exegesis and hortatory formation, as well as the sermons of eight excellent current-day preachers and eight excellent preachers from different historical periods.
- To learn and articulate a theology of preaching and a sermon preparation method that is comprehensive, practical, biblically-grounded, and hermeneutically responsible.
- To become familiar with the anatomy of a variety of types of sermons and adept at utilizing the building blocks of sermon writing.
- Learn the Ad Vitam approach to preaching developed by John Hansen.
- Discover how to deliver a sermon with excellence, power, anointing, and authority.
- Learn to comprehend the relationship between the messenger and the message.
Pastor John Hansen
John Hansen is a passionate leader, pastor, and author. As the lead pastor at Centerpoint Church in Murrieta, California, he is known for creative and inspiring Biblical teachings that are full of practical applications for life and help people experience life-change in Christ. His desire is to ignite passion in others for the Holy Spirit, which he carries out in a naturally-supernatural way.
He has been married to his wife, Ann, for more than fifteen years. They have founded Centerpoint Ministries and Filled to Flow Ministries. He has taken Centerpoint Church from a small gathering of 65 people to a thriving church of several thousand. He has his Masters in Divinity from Fuller Seminary. He currently lives in Murrieta, California, with Ann and their three children and spends his free time paragliding and hiking.