This course is based on a foundational principle from Philippians 4:9 (P49) which says: "Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." Over eight weeks, you will get an opportunity to learn from my personal experience in the practical aspects of pastoral ministry. This class will help you to establish a personal pastoral theology based on practical ministry application, gain practical skills in how to minister the sacraments, and understand how to officiate weddings and funerals. This class will give you a framework for leadership culture in pastoral ministry and help you discover the practical merit of Charismatic Wesleyan theology. This class will provide you with tools for all aspects of functional practical pastoral ministry.
- To formulate a practical theology of pastoral ministry
- To learn the foundational tools for functional pastoral ministry in pastoral visitation and counseling
- To understand the meaning of the sacraments and how to administer them
- To gain the skills for officiating weddings and funerals
- To develop a foundation for leadership culture in a pastoral context
- To discover how to function well in a supportive pastoral role
- To become aware of the issues of personal character and interpersonal dynamics, and how these issues affect pastoral ministry
- To learn the foundational premise of Charismatic Wesleyan grace theology
- To discover the tools and processes for leading change in a ministry or pastoral context
Pastor John Hansen
John Hansen is a passionate leader, pastor, and author. The lead pastor at Centerpoint Church in Murrieta, CA, he is known for creative and practical biblical teachings that are inspiring, full of practical applications for life, and help people to experience life-change in Christ.His desire is to ignite passion in others for the Holy Spirit, which he carries out in a naturally-supernatural way.
He has been married to his wife, Ann, for more than 15 years. They have founded Centerpoint Ministries and Filled to Flow Ministries. He has taken Centerpoint Church from a small gathering of 65 people to a thriving church of several thousand. John earned his Masters in Divinity from Fuller Seminary. He lives in Murrieta, CA with Ann and their three children, and spends his free time paragliding and biking.