Healthy leadership is a part of God’s design for humanity and is foundational for any successful individual, team, or organization. This is an introductory course where students will learn a range of fundamental leadership principles and how to apply them in ministry and church settings. In this course, students will engage in developing a deeper sense of purpose and how they are called to lead well, focusing on unlocking the God-given potential in those around them and in the ministries where they serve.
- Understand how fundamental principles of leadership apply to ministry and the Church
- Grow in essential aspects of personal leadership
- Understand healthy authority and power dynamics
- Increase self-awareness of passions, values, strengths, and blind spots
- Know why it is important for leaders to understand people
- Effectively communicate values and understand how they correspond with behaviors
- Grow in the ability to create and sustain healthy team dynamics
- Know how to effectively empower others
- Be able to recognize the effects of culture in an organization
- Follow the leadership style of Jesus
Darryl Daniels is passionate about seeing people become who God has called them to be. Having served in ministry for many years, Darryl currently works at Centerpoint Church as the First Impressions Director, and also serves in the Youth Ministry and as a facilitator for Centerpoint School of Ministry’s Leadership course. A gifted leader and teacher, Darryl has led ministries, trained ministry volunteers and helped launch ministry teams.
Darryl spent three years being trained in practical ministry leadership at Hillsong International Leadership College in Sydney, Australia and also obtained his BA in Theology at Alphacrucis College in Sydney, Australia. He currently lives in Murrieta, CA, and enjoys board games and listening to podcasts on leadership and theology.